6 DAY ESCORTED TOUR OF THE BEST OF CANBERRA DURING FLORIADE
Come and discover Australia’s capital during the biggest celebration of Spring, Floriade.
We spend six days experiencing a mix of iconic national attractions, worldclass cultural experiences and stunning gardens bursting with floral colour.
5 nights: Mantra on Northbourne, Canberra D
• Arrive Canberra and check in to hotel.
• Enjoy a 3 course welcome dinner at our hotel.
• Tour Commonwealth Park for Floriade, celebrating its 36th year with a spectacular display of over 1,000,000 blooms.
• Drive around Parliamentary Triangle.
• Visit the National Gallery of Australia. With an annual calendar of stunning major exhibitions, an unsurpassed national collection, a dynamic program of public programs and live art events, the National Gallery of Australia is home to the visual culture and spirit of Australia.
• Visit Cockington Green Gardens to see the delightful and fascinating display of meticulously crafted miniature buildings, featuring houses and monuments from more than 30 different countries.
• Drive around the National Arboretum, a mosaic of living forests and gardens. Take in the breathtaking views from Eagle’s Nest lookout and Dairy Farmer’s Hill.
• Visit the Museum of Australia Democracy at Old Parliament House. With authentically restored heritage areas and inspiring contemporary exhibitions, learn more about the history of Old Parliament House or explore the latest exhibitions at your own pace.
• Visit Royal Military College for a drive through and view Changi Chapel, originally constructed by prisoners of war in Changi Camp, Singapore Island, in 1944. After the war, it was returned to Australia, erected in the grounds of the Royal Military College and dedicated as a national memorial to all Australian prisoners of war.
• Visit High Court of Australia, the highest court in the Australian judicial system.
• Visit the National Portrait Gallery and look into the eyes of artists, musicians, entertainers, politicians, athletes and royalty who’ve all shaped the nation.
• Visit the Royal Australian Mint, a working factory, a Commonwealth Heritage Site & a multi tourism award- winning cultural attraction. See how coins are made through the Factory viewing platform and interactive multimedia displays.
• Take in the city views at Mount Ainslie.
• Tour Parliament House and see democracy in action at Australia’s iconic Parliament House high on Capital Hill.
• Visit the Australian War Memorial including Last Post Ceremony. The Memorial is widely recognised as one of the most significant museums in the world, combining a shrine, a world-class museum, and an extensive archive.
• Our tour comes to an end in Canberra this morning.
DATES & INCLUSIONS
INCLUSIONS: • 5 nights at the Mantra on Northbourne, Canberra
• Tour Commonwealth Park for Floriade
• Visit the National Gallery of Australia
• Visit Cockington Green Gardens
• Visit the Museum of Australia Democracy at Old Parliament House
• Visit Royal Military College and view Changi Chapel
• Visit High Court of Australia
• Visit the National Portrait Gallery
• Visit the Royal Australian Mint
• Tour Parliament House
• Visit the Australian War Memorial including Last Post Ceremony
• Professional tour escort
• 5 breakfasts, 1 dinner
2024 Tour Date: 27 September – 2 October
AIR & LAND PACKAGE: Includes return airfares Coolangatta to Canberra and airport/hotel/airport transfers.
Cost: $1,998pp, twin share